PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS (8TH GRADE ONLY)
> Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or Above
> Students must complete 20 hours of community service
> Students with excessive unexcused absences for the entire school year (3 or more) will not meet criteria ((exceptions include doctors’ notes and meeting with the Special Ed Services [EC 48915.5] [Section 504 Plan: BP 6164.6(a)] [EC 48206.3] School Counselor/ Administrator or Designee for extenuating circumstances). Each case will be reviewed on an individual circumstance. Absences can made up by attending Saturday School.
> No overdue school fines for textbooks, library books, materials or sports uniform/equipment
> No suspensions within three weeks of the last day of school
> No more than one off campus suspension during the second semester
Promotion Ceremony Dress Code
Our main objective with regard to dress for this ceremony is to have a dignified ceremony and avoid any undue hardship on parents. Please do not feel compelled to purchase special clothing for this occasion that could be too dressy for future practical use. Renting or purchasing formal attire is inappropriate.
1. A dress that could be worn to a nice restaurant, to a religious ceremony or to a special show would be most satisfactory. Simple street-length dresses or skirts may be worn.
2. All dresses should be modest and appropriate for this special family occasion. This is a MIDDLE SCHOOL promotion ceremony, and we do not want to deny anyone from participation due to inappropriate clothing.
1. Dress shirts and nice pants are to be worn by all boys. Ties are optional.
2. A sport coat, jacket, suit coat or sweater is recommended. However, parents should not feel obligated to purchase suits or coats for this occasion.
3. Shoes should be dress shoes appropriate for the promotion ceremony.